Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Carolina Crossroads Mystery

Still plugging away on my blocks, did the triangle blocks tonight. Getting closer to putting it together. I'm hoping to get alot of sewing time this weekend. Maybe I could get it to border stage? Sure don't know what I am going to do for borders. I like the idea of 9 patches on point, but wonder if it will be just too busy then. Maybe it just needs a calmer border, afterall there is alot going on in the quilt center.

Was a bad girl and bought more fabric yesterday. I haven't tallied it up yet, but it was a good amount. Can't resist the price and bought some large pieces for backing, again. This store has good prices anyway, usually $3.99 /yd. had a sale on some bolts for $2.49/yd. Nice fabric too, Wyndam , Chantclaire, and Marcus Brothers I think are the ones I bought. I'm not sure where he gets his fabric from....I know some it is older stuff. He has flat folds too, tho I usually don't find much what I like in them. They seem like they might be the trial runs as the hand, or feel of the yardage is a bit different. The ones I bought feel great and many had "quilt shop" on the bolt. I try to stay away from the shop all together which is pretty easy as it is a fair distance and not near much else...except Staples...and that is where I had to go yesterday for ink for my printer...didn't get that either...got a new printer instead! Must have felt rich yesterday, guess I'm delusional. :)

1 comment:

Msk on the Road said...

It is always a wonder to me that I go into the fabric store for a simple (don't even have to look at the fabric) item and it seems I always come out with several bags full of new projects. I am curious to watch your tally as the year goes by. If you are like me, I suspect the tally will be more in the sewing room that out...