Thursday, February 7, 2008

Carolina Crossroads


I'm trying to get back into working on my Carolina Crossroads mystery. Worked on the hourglass units the other day and again for an hour today. I have 70 made now so I'm getting there. I do really like how it is turning out. It's fun see the scraps from other quilts. I did get ahead of myself and made up the blocks to see if I was going to like it. I was most concerned about the scrappy lights I was using, especially the prints, but I decided it was ok and that I should keep going.
Before I got sewing on the hourglass units I got distracted and played with the scraps to see if I could or would make crumb blocks. I've been intriqued with this idea since I read the tutorial on Patti's blog http://quiltingisstillmypassion.blogspot.com/2007/07/mile-minute-blocks-photo-tutorial.html and every time I have a crumb of fabric I can't decide what to do with it, save it or throw it. I think I have decided I'm not going to save itty bitty pieces anymore. I just don't think I need this as something else to do. I love how Patti's quilts turned out tho, maybe I'll try it with leftover blocks? Such a teaser! What can I say, I'm an ADHD quilter!

2 comments:

Khris said...

Looking good Debbi...keep it up and it will be done...hugs Khris in Oz

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi,
Your CC colors are really pretty...especially the yellow. It makes your block pop! Wow, the 2008 finish is really beautiful and your shirt bargello is really beautiful. I've looking at the shirt quilts and hope to do one someday.....I have to collect the shirts first...lol...In short I really like your work and will come back often to visit.
Hugs
Pam