Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Remembering Mom


Today is the 10th aniversary of my mom's unexpect passing from a heart attack. Can't imagine how it's been so long. I still miss her dearly, but the hurt isn't there so much. She is frequently with me in my dreams and often I still think I'm going to call her and tell her something. She was my friend as well as my mom. She taught me to knit and crochet and helped me with my sewing. She used to make lots of my clothes, of course it was frugle back in the 60's and 70's, definately not so nowadays. She had me knitting a sweater when I was in 6th grade and we were on our move from the Detroit area to the Seattle area. I did even wear it for a while. I kept trying to get her interested in quilting....maybe, if we would have had more time in her retirement.


I regret that I often got impatient with her for not getting something. She never held it against me, she seemed to understand it was frustration coming from within me. She was much more emotional mature than I'll ever be. She was always there for me and my sibs. She still is, in my heart.

No comments: