Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A few finishes

This first quilt I made at a class I took at April retreat at camp Arnold. It is from a Terry Atkitson pattern, I think it was called Duet. I wasn't particularly thrilled with it and didn't think I would ever make it again so passed the pattern along to a friend. The top was made at least 2 years ago this April as I didn't attend the retreat last year. I quilted it last fall using the Baptist fan template.

It was my first attempt at using this template and I had some problems lining it up...I guess I'll have to practice again. I do like the look of this quilting pattern, but found the results dissappointing. I thought I was getting it lined up correctly and then when I finished stitching the row and went around to check it out it was missing. Still will make a fine kids quilt. I plan on donating it to either project Linus or the hospital I work for.
This quilt top was also done at the retreat. Just messing around with some of the other fabrics I had brought. It was quick and easy. Made using the loop method. I quilted it the same time as Duet, but just did a freemotion loop and double loop pattern.


It also will be a donation quilt. I finished the bindings, but have not decided whether I will put a label on them on not. I'll wait and see where I actually end up donating them.
The other thing I have finished is the stethescope cover and scrub hat for work. I need a change and thought this would be fun for a bit. I've been adding to my collection of hats now since I got my haircut and it won't stay out of my face while I'm working, so I'm wearing a hat everyday to hold it back. A hat isn't required in the area I work, PACU, but if I go into the OR area I need to wear one and I venture there a few times each day so it saves a little effort just wearing it the whole day. Don't have to worry about hat hair that way either!

So I am coming along on my Fab 4. The binding is done as is the scrub hat and stethescope cover. I've started on the borders for my Bargello Bowl, but don't think I'll be able to finish them until Saturday. Haven't decided what to load on the quilter, was hoping it would be the Bargello but think I'll look and see if I can find something else so I can keep moving along with finishes.

No comments: