Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend update

I'm not sure I really understand how blogger locates the pictures. I guess it will take me some time to get it, but right now I just wanted to make a quick post about what I accomplished over the weekend.

First I was able to get the borders on the Bargello Bowl quilt and get a backing ready. It's all ready to load on the quilter and I'm pretty certain I know how I'm going to quilt it. A while back I got the PJ quilter reloaded DVD and have been practicing the wonky feathers on my white board. I think I can , I think I can, I think I can! Just deciding on thread now. Leaning towards the King Tut seen in the picture. I've had trouble with tension in the past with King Tut threads, but I'll be brave and give it another go. I have good success with Rainbows but don't like the Rainbows I have with the shirt fabrics. So all is good and I will get it loaded soon and quilted before I loose my nerve.



I also was able to spend a little time working on the Carolina Crossroads mystery. Of course I'm terribly behind but keep plugging away. I made all the star blocks! One step closer! I haven't decided what I'll do for the border, guess I just have to get it together and see what I have. I do intend to make this quilt totally from scraps and stash. So far so good.

That's all, but I'm satisfied. We had a really nice weekend weather wise and it's a reminder that spring and yardwork is around the corner...I still can procrastinate tho as it is only Feburary so sewing is still guilt free.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You are really getting a lot accomplsihed! I think that your pictures look great where they are!
Nice to find your blog.