Monday, February 4, 2008

A beginning


I've been following several blogs for sometime now and have really gotten hooked. One blogster made a comment about having lots of visitors and not very many comments. Well, I was one of them...just didn't really know how to post. Tonight I gave it a go on my sister's blog, I thought that would be pretty safe...lo and behold it led me to setting up my own blog!

I don't really know what this blog will be about yet. My first thought is about quilting as those are the blogs I read. I am trying to stashbust along with the rest of the members of Stashbusters, to which I also belong. I'm not a prolific quilter so will probably have to drift off topic now and again.

My resoulution this year was to keep track of how many yards of fabric I use verses how many yards I use. I'm only counting completed quilts for the yards used, no matter when they were started. That way it may encourage me to get some of the UFO's done to balance the purchases. I also resolved to keep track of the hours I spend sewing or quilting. Goal is to average an hour a day. Anything to give me a kick in the rear as I can be quite a couch potato if I really tell the truth.

Yesterday I worked on Bonnie's Bargello Bowl. Didn't quite get the top done but will post a picture (maybe if I can figure it out).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi, I read your blog. Do not know much about them either. I hear the girls at work talking about their blogs, now I can at least say I read one. Was really nice to hear what your doing. Hope all is going well with you. Tell the girls I said hello and Doni and I are doing well. Corla