Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sick Day

I woke up this morning to my alarm with a sore throat and a big headache, the headache probably because I only slept for about 2 hours. I had to decide quickly if I was going to feel better or not because my deadline for calling in to work was fast approaching. Decided if I didn't sleep more I would have a horrendous headache all day and maybe I was getting sick. So took some Airborne and ibuprofen and went back to sleep. About 6 hours later I got up, headache better, throat only sorta sore and my ears full. Took some more Airborne watched a DVD. Then I decided I didn't feel that bad and I would go down to my sewing room and see if I could work on something.

I've been following the thread on stashbusters about the Disappearing 9 patch. I had taken a class on it in Houston the last time I went to Quilt Festival. I'm going to have to dig out my project from then and see what else I can do with it. It is a clever idea. Anyways, I was lead to Sophie's blog, http://sophiejunction.blogspot.com/ where she has posted a very intriging idea. Had to give it a try. So started playing around with it. All in all it took 2 hours to make this block that is 18 X 18 unfinished. I like it. It seems like it would make a good lap quilt or wheelchair quilt without too much effort and bust some stash.


After I finished that I thought I should finish cutting a flannel Wicked Easy Quilt and kit it for later. That way I could get the flannel box back into order. My fannel fat quarters turned out alittle short so I'll have to come up with some deviation for the border but I'll worry about that later. Will make a good fall project...remind me okay?

So that's what I've accomplished today...not a thing for my fab 4. I don't think I'm really a good list accomplisher? I kind of get in this rebellion mode when there is something I feel I HAVE to do and I just don't get it done. I'm happy that I've spent some time in my sewing room today and I watched a quilting DVD. Think I might try and work on the borders for the Bargello now, but it's about time for Lost and it takes my concentration to figure out what is going on on that show! Maybe I'll just try and straighten up a bit so it's more inviting next time.

Maybe I'll try and put a few of the Carolina Crossroads blocks together. I really would like to have both that and my Bargello quilted before I start another mystery in April. There are two other quilts that are on the agenda too, Travis's baseball quilt and a baby quilt for my new grandniece....which should have arrived this month, but I haven't heard yet. I won't be breaking anyone's expectations tho, Elissa's first one didn't get her quilt till her first birthday, should I break with tradition?

1 comment:

sophie said...

Wow, you really know how to make the best of a sick day. I'm glad you're feeling better. Your disappearing 9-patch with heart blocks came out great!