Thursday, February 7, 2008

2008 Quilt Finishes

This is my first and only finish for this year. It is a healing quilt made for a co-worker diagnosed with breast cancer who had a masectomy. I love how it turned out. There are positive messages written by fellow co-workers and the colors are cheery. I used minkee for the back so it would be a soft cuddle quilt for when she may not be feeling so hot. I had lots of trouble quilting it, the thread kept breaking, but I knew I had to get it finished so I kept going. Finished sewing the binding down on New Years Day so it qualifies for a finish for this year! It took me about 6 weeks to get it put together, much longer than I had anticipated, but Christmas kinda helped throw the wrench in my time schedule. So I didn't get it to her before her surgery and I do regret that. She is still off work recovering so I guess it really wasn't too late. A few pictures of the quilting and the back.

The color doesn't quite show right for the backing, it was a royal purple. Very soft! I like how the quilting shows on the minkee.

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Just beautiful and how wonderful of you to do it. I love your Scrappy Bargello too!
Regina in MI
http://bitnbyaquiltingbug.blogspot.com/

Phyl said...

This is absolutely beautiful and the love you put into it will surely help heal your friend!

Hugs,

Phyl

I am putting a link to your blog on the group links.