Sunday, March 2, 2008

Stashbusting?


It certainly is an eye opener to start keeping track of the yardage I purchase. These pictures show the 25.5 yds I just purchased. The price was hard to pass up, some will be for backings and some was just a different flavor than what I have in my stash. Reflecting on this purchase I don't really feel bad, I like the fabrics, and it doesn't look like all that much. Just don't know where I'm going to put it, I seem to be running out of space. And this amount, this 25.5 yds doesn't even look like that much, so I wonder how many yards I really have. I don't have any idea how to tally it all up.

So far this year I have bought 95.5 yds of fabric!!! If that was all I owned it wouldn't be so very much...I'm sure it would probably all fit on one shelf in my cabinet, maybe one and a half. I have 4 cabinets full of fabric, plus bolts on top of the cabinets and bins wherever I can fit them.

The sadest part of all is that so far for the year I have used 11.25 yds! If I continue at the same pace it will take me about 17 months to use the 95.5 yds. EYEOPENER! I think this is the most valuable thing I have done as far as my stashbusting efforts are concerned. I think it is time to go No Buy. Can you feel me shake with fear?

No comments: