Sunday, March 30, 2008

Orange Crush Choices - Too Many!

Rather than doing any quilting I have been playing in my fabrics looking for what I have that will work for the OC mystery. I pulled everything I had in large enough quanity and looked "solid" color from high and low and made a real mess in my sewing room. I've now narrowed it down to the following choices and ask for your help in making a final decision.





The first is most like Bonnie's choices...on the second I subsituted a purple for the black.





Not quite sure where I would use a quilt with these colors but I like them, and I always like what Bonnie does.

These next choices I think would make a nice quilt I could use in my living room. I have used the green and burgandy fabric in another project, a runner I have in the living room.



Love the fabric on the far right in the second picture...it has gold metalic highlights. I'm not sure it has enough contrast with the others tho.

The brown with the acorns on it is a bit warmer, however I think I would use the other which is a mottled brown and black and the pattern doesn't show as much.



This is alittle softer palete with the spring yellow and pink....I think I would use it in my living room as well. The dark is a real deep mottled burgandy which goes with my burgandy leather sofa.








These next choices I think would make a quilt I would use in my car...it's a blue/green minivan. I think it is more a teal blue than green. It's a good idea to have a quilt in your car, and I don't, yet.








The colors on the right are very bright and I would be tempted to use my bright scrap strips in lights and darks with this combo.

And then there is this combo. I don't know where it would go...as if that really matters....but I like them.









Just kind of clasic. Could be good.




And then I tried the orangy fabric from above with the fabrics I like for my living room....hmmmm.....



So what to do, what to do? I thought it would be helpful to look at the choices in pictures....but I'm not so sure....I'm more confused....what do YOU think?
I'm going to go quilt my Bargello....really, I mean it this time! And let all this percolate.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no Debbie, you have some great colour choices, hard to choice the best. I have not chosen mine yet, but might do it later.

cheers
Christine

Unknown said...

Debbi, I like your first choice. The colors go good and you would be surprised it would go anyplace once you get the scrappy lights and darks.You sure have plenty of choices.

Anonymous said...

You are funny! I like the first and second choices equally.

I'm sort of wishing I had picked fabrics like this...mine are really bright.

Sewbaby said...

Hi Debbie,

I like the first color choice.

Hugs,
Traci

Quiltingfool said...

I'm going against the rest and vote for the last combo. There is something classy about this grouping and I like it.
Judi

MeganZ said...

Wow - I like them all! Of the first two, I like the one with the purple. But I like the softer pinker ones too...

Pat H. said...

Oh my gosh! It's like being in a shop, so many choices, I liked them all. But the second one with the deep burgendy is really pretty.

Pat H.

Nancy said...

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. I like your first choice, or the really bright one best. It is a particularly hard decision when we have no idea really how much of these colors will be in the quilt.

Roslyn said...

I think you have too many choices! I am confused , what I can say is thatI think you will not like those that don't have enough contrast, they will muddy your quilt. So perhaps you can begin to eliminate those options that have less contrast.I do like the first picture & a couple of those near the bottom. Sorry to be so unceratin, I am ADD & when I get too many options my mind just tanks!

Amanda said...

Well, I like the colours you think might go in your car - and what a good place to make a quilt for. It would make it so much more cozy.

Anonymous said...

i like the - spring yellow and pink with burgundy and olive green. What a lovely color combination - and not one that i had thought of! lol i am sure it will be a lovely quilt no matter which color combination you go with!

sue said...

I like tha last one best the orange with the ones for your living room. i think from the other comments everyone likes different ones so perhaps you will just have to shut your eyes or toss a coin, LOL

Quiltin Jenny said...

I like the brights best...but if you look at my choices you can see why! I also like the ones that you say would go well in your van. What a great idea! Maybe that would keep my kids from dragging their quilts into the car.

Debbie said...

Oh my, lots of options! I was drawn to the really bright ones first then my second choice would be the second picture followed by the "classic" colors. Not much help am I!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and helping me decide the border for my little bow tie!