Sunday, March 30, 2008

Procrastination = Shopping

I've been playing in my fabrics and have not done any quilting...seem to be procrastinating and I'm getting excited about OC.

Yesterday I just had to get out of the house, so took a trip to, what else?, the fabric stores! I was looking for an issue of Austrailian Patchwork and Quilting from earlier this year. No luck...they aren't even carring the magazine. Did find that Joann's carries the magazine but I guess the one I want is too old. I was also looking for the book More Nickle Quilts, but didn't find it either. So I didn't buy anybooks or magazines. Good girl! Those were the only things on my list. I came home and ordered from Amazon. It's cheaper than in the quilt stores but I always order more books to get the free shipping so it doesn't end up saving me anything. I ordered Lisa Boyer's books too.


However....I went to the Quilt Barn for the first time since they moved into their new digs. Like it! Usually don't find that when a quilt shop moves from a quaint location to a strip mall type place that the move is an improvement...in this case it was! More room and still felt cozy. I was so tempted to just pick out fabrics for my OC...and buy this and that....I was so very tempted...and these days I don't often find myself being so tempted. But I just had to buy something! It's such a nice shop, and they need my support! I remembered that I had bought a pattern for a tote bag that uses charm squares...this shop had lots of charm packs to pick from...so how could I not? Also found some prewound bobbins for my HQ. And the coordinate needed for the tote bag.


I also visited Pacific Fabrics and Joann's and didn't buy a thing! Amazing for me...am I sick? Not really, just acutely aware of how much is in my stash.


I went to the sewing machine shop to see if they had a single hole needle plate for my Pfaff, and they did, so it came home with me too. All in all a nice outing and not too much damage done.


Oh yeah, and Buddy got to go to the pet store too. We got some cat food. He didn't mind one bit! He was so excited that he got to do alittle shopping of his own.

1 comment:

Lissa Jane said...

debbi
which australian & patchwork were you after? I might be able to get a back copy for you, I work for a newsagency doing book work and some issues are available on backorder...
just let me know!

Lissa
PS you have a nice haul from the quilt shop but very restrained too.. I just got a single hole plate for my Janome and I use less naughty words at my machine now :O)