Monday, March 24, 2008

Random Act of Kindness?

When I came home from quilting at the library on Saturday I noticed that someone had cut my grass in my front yard. It was a surprise and I was thrilled it was done and mystified. My first thought is that my nephew, Travis had come by, but no, he was playing ball,a double header, and the back wasn't cut and he would have done that too. Started to realize that it was one of my neighbors...yikes...is my yard that bad? Terror and quilt feelings now... The grass was starting to get a bit long, but I don't think it was to the obnoxious state yet. Everyone who knows me knows that I'm not all that fond of yardwork and I'm a bigtime procrastinator. My neighbors pretty much keep to themselves and I don't really know them and it has never happened before so I'm alittle bewildered. I've decided to take it as an act of kindness and appreciate it for that. I think it may have been one of the guys who rents the house next door. They have only been in there about 4 months or so, and I noted their front was cut too. So maybe I'll bake them some cookies or something...one of these days.


Today was a day for cleaning house, making calls, getting the mail, doing laundry and grocery shopping. I did stop by the local quilt shop, Carriage Country Quilts, (picture above) alittle over a mile from my house. I was good! I wanted to get the book More Nickel Quilts but they didn't have it. I found a pattern for a tote bag and that was all I bought! No fabric! I fondled lots, and thought about combos for the OC...but didn't buy any. Decided I have to shop my stash first and I know it will be a great quilt even tho it isn't made from the newest fabrics. I'm finding that I'm starting to drool over the reproduction and civil war prints that I've not really been attracted to in the past....probably because my stash is deficient in that catagory.

No further progress on my CC...have decided what to do for the borders. I received the panto in the mail today that I think I may quilt it with....the improved clamshell pattern. Still have to make a decision on the batting I'm going to use on the BB and get it quilted and make a backing for the CC and quilt it. My goal is to have that done by next Sunday. There I have said it...it shall be so. (I wish anyway, lol)

2 comments:

Lissa Jane said...

OC?
BB?
CC?

and you know whats weird? I know exactly what you are talking about!

cept the BB...


Lissa

Julie said...

Debbi - I love your blog. Thanks for posting on mine - Julie's Blog. You are the first person to ever comment on it and I am thrilled!!!
Julie in Alabama