Wednesday, April 30, 2008

OC progress

I'm still working on step 2. All the pieces are cut and I've made about 10 or so blocks. Had some emergency sewing that took over. Spring birthdays! All my nieces and newphews have spring birthdays! The party is Sunday and I'll be gone to Cancun. Decided a card with some money wasn't enough so decided to make some pillowcases for them. Also it was a good chance to do some stashbusting! I made 10 pillowcases, finished an apron, and made a boxy bag. So I'm counting 13 yards of fabric busted! Yeah! Here's a few pictures....
The other project that has been keeping me from working on the OC mystery is this...

What is it? It's my guest bedroom believe it or not. It's where I have been putting everything that I don't know what to do with to take care of later. Well later has come...I'm going to have an overnight guest and I'm going to have to find the bed!



Unfortunately the clean up doesn't just involve this one room...oh no. I had to work in the garage to clean the mess I have there so I could put some of the stuff from the quest room that I still don't know what I want to do with but need to move somewhere so I can find the bed!

And this is the closet under the stairs...before
I had to clean out the closet under the stairs so I could make it into a coat closet to hang up all the coats that were piled on the bed when I took over the closet downstairs for more pantry space. Whew! I'm tired now of going up and down the stairs moving all this stuff I have to have all over the place!

The closet after...

The coat closet has been created! And look see what is hiding behind my coats! I found more batting and some pillow forms! There is a whole bunch of minkee and a little bit of fleece for socks and hats, my foam mattress for quilt camp and the extra vacuum. I'll probably be able to stash some more in here too...



Barb is coming Friday. I have a doctors appointment and I need to pack and clean house and still find the bed! Didn't do any work on it today...had a hair appointment and ran around doing errands and picking up things I would need for my trip. Finished the last of the sewing and then met Beth for dinner to give her my goodies for the kids. Working tomorrow, so I'm starting to feel alittle pinched for time! So no OC for me. Good thing step 3 is a quickie, maybe I will be able to catch up when I get home. But once I'm there....no worries, just sun and relaxation! Pass the margaritas!


May not be posting till I return from Cancun...haven't decided if I will take the laptop or not. I hope to have a hand project to take along.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, you have been busy. Won't it be great when it's done? And won't you feel proud of yourself! Have a great trip.