Sunday, April 20, 2008

Where is Spring?

Brrrrr! It's cold out! So strange from last weekend where it was 80 degrees! It's been snowing. In April. In Seattle. Those of you who know me know that I'm only a fair weather gardener, and while I have good intentions I really don't like working outside unless it is reasonably nice. I don't work in the rain and I don't work in the cold. I've cut the grass once so far this year...that was last Saturday. I have these plants I ordered because they make them look so good on QVC...they don't tell you how much work they will be outside when it is not nice out. Well I've been waiting to get mine outside...but it's been too cold for me and too cold for the plants. So here they sit on my counter. I'm proud that they haven't died yet. Good thing I didn't get to them last weekend or they would have. There are multiple kinds of tomatoes, 6 different varieties, 9 plants. I'm going to give the duplicates to one of my sisters. If these grow I'm going to be sick of tomatoes...how many can one person eat? I know I will be sharing them. I hope we have a nice enough summer to get a good crop. There are also 3 different kinds of clematis here and 2 wisteria plants. I really do want a nice looking yard...if I could only do it by remote from inside the house! Where it is dry and warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine look like yours, they haven't died either, but will soon. Hope this weather changes soon. I need to plant and mow after work since baseball games are taking up my weekend time.
Beth