Sunday, April 20, 2008

Step 2 is trouble!

I was going along just fine on step 2. I had made a trial block and it came out great. So I was cutting away using my easy angle ruler. It's a 4 1/2 inch ruler, I thought I had a bigger one, but I couldn't find it. Well it is okay for cutting the 2 inch strips but when cutting the 3 1/2 inch strips I was having trouble...my fingers were getting in the way...almost, yes almost, close enough mind you, cut my finger. That was it. Started turning things all about in my sewing room looking for the larger ruler. It must be in a good spot cause I couldn't find it. Lightbulb idea! JoAnn's has rulers on sale 50% off...I'll just pop on over and get another. Easy, peasy....right? You might think so...the ruler was no problem...on sale for $3.00. So why did I spend $50.? Look what else came home with me....The quilting fabrics were 40% off, so I had to take a look...and while I'm at it, why not just get a little more variety for my lights. Oh oh! Look at these cute fat quarters...how did they get in my basket? And then there was this pink paisley...I walked away once...but it called me back. It'd make a cute tote bag. I want to make some whatchamacallit bags for the girls, it'd be good for that too. Ok, I'll get it...just a yard...well there was another 1/2 yard on the bolt so they offered that to me at an additional 50% off...who can refuse? So total 4 yards of fabric purchased. Not helping my stashbusting. My balance sheet is in the RED. Gotta get some quilts finished so I can change that balance! I don't count anything used until it is finished, finished. Incentive you see.

Also got these books...I love quilt books! They were 40% off too. I really want to make something from the Simple Traditions book....they are lovely, but it's applique...I'm going to try it....soon!


I do need to go on a book reduction diet as well as the fabric reduction diet...but not this year...that is just too much deprivation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those books look like they have some beautiful patterns in them. You are so lucky to have Joanns - our rulers/books are so expensive in Australia! That pink paisley is divine :-)

Amanda said...

I reckon they pump something into the air in quilt shops that make it impossible to leave with just one purchase!

Quilter Kathy said...

OH no! That happens to me too!
Fun!

Linda said...

I love it, calling your name? Telling you to take it home with you....I work in a quilt shop and believe me, I do not take any money home with me... Hugs, Linda