Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Orange Crush progress report

I spent my quilting time last week cutting my scraps into strips for my scrap storage. I concentrated on 2 inch and 3.5 inch strips as that is what we need for the OC mystery. Also added some 2.5 inch and some squares if that was all I could get out of a scrap. I've cut up about half of my leftovers and fabrics I had pulled from my shelves, the not so loved fabrics. My scrap drawers are getting full! I'm using Bonnie's scrap management technique. I figure if I have strips I can get squares with only alittle cutting and if I need strips I'm ready to go. I used my 1.5 inch strips for Carolina Crossroads and it was easy to get started...not so easy to keep up! I'm so glad this time we have 2 weeks between clues, maybe I will be able to stay up with the mystery :)!





Last Sunday, at our sewing outing at the library, I worked on my 4 patches. Here is the pile of strips I sewed! Will it make 15o 4 patches?

I think so, and maybe a few to spare. These are all the 2 patch blocks I got from that pile of strips. Haven't got them into 4's yet, I'm not worried if there are extras, I know what I can do with them. Haven't counted them but I'm sure there will be aleast 150. Biggest regret is that I forgot to bring my shape cutter plus with me so had to cut all of these individually.

Here's the troubling part...the drawers for the strips hardly seem if there is a dent in them...the lights alittle, but the darks are still overflowing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Debbi, looks like you're getting a lot done!
Talk to you soon.
Beth(your sister)

Candace said...

Looks like you are making good use of your time. I'm interested to know how many 4 patches you ended up with.
Candace