Wednesday, April 9, 2008

March accounting

I'm alittle behind with my March accounting...seems we are nearing on mid April already. So what's new? That's how I seem to do eveything these days. I've been very tired and keep getting my sleep all messed up by napping during the day, if I'm not working, then not sleeping at night well and then working my 12 hours shift on only a few hours of sleep and feeling even more tired and sleeping all day when I'm off again! A vicious cycle! Went to the MD the other day tho and had some labs drawn, maybe my thyroid medication needs adjusting, or there is some other explanation. I did it again today...after running some errands, I came home and started reading email and watching the Mariner's and fell asleep. Not really awake again till 9 pm...should be going to bed about now, but I'm not tired and I'm fighting the urge to go downstairs and sew! Want to finish my 4 patches! So I'm having a glass of wine and hoping it will make me sleepy and I'm going to head off to bed soon! Really!

Back to the accounting...I updated my sidebar to show that I sewed 27.5 hours in March, busted 43 yards of fabric (gave it away) and only purchased 1.5 yards, well, not quite even, it was 1 yard plus a charm pack, but I decided to count the charm pack as half a yard for easier accounting.

This is a little box bag I made for one of our traveling nurses who was leaving us for retirement...lucky her! I filled it with all kinds of kisses. It is made from the shop hop fabric from a couple of years ago. Love this "Washington" fabric! Still haven't done anything with my shop hop blocks or fabric now and it's been 2 years (almost)! Here is the tutorial for the Box bag. This was the first one that I made and I followed the directions exactly...it's a good technique for the zipper, but in the future I will use different dimensions, I would like it alittle shallower I think, but it was easy to do and a good starting place.

No comments: