Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's up with this?

Here is a picture of a quilt I made for Nate, my oldest nephew
He gave it back to me to fix. It's coming apart at the seams...not the strip sets like I might have expected but along the edges of the large novelty blocks. Here maybe you can see it better here...where the flower head pins are...

Any ideas as to why? It's not on every seam and not where the setting triangles are, and it's always just about in the middle for about an inch or so. Guess I have a bit of hand sewing to do. Other ideas I might want to consider for repair so that it doesn't happen some more?

He loves the quilt...in fact I've never have him like something I've given him so much. It did turn out well. I'll have to find the picture that gets the whole quilt and post it...later.

1 comment:

antique quilter said...

wonder if its the quality of the novelty fabric that is causing it to rip like this. just a thought.