Monday, July 21, 2008

Big Scare!

I started the day off in my sewing room declaring that it was going to be a sew day in pj's. Since I've only one finish for the July challenge I thought I'd better see what I could get cracking on. Dug thru my bin of tops to be quilted to see which ones had backings ready and if I knew what I wanted to quilt on them. When I got to the bottom of it I realized that two quilts that I wanted to get quilted during this challenge, Jim's Shakespere in the Park and Beth's Lover's Knot quilt weren't there! A quick look around didn't turn them up either. I was beginning to worry. Started pulling out stuff from the other bins that sit under the quilter. Not found. Then I started pulling stuff out of the wire baskets and didn't find them. Last time I remember I had them folded on top of one of the bins that sit under the quilter. Where are they?Pretty much had made a big mess of my quilting room...spent the rest of the day sorting thru the mess. Decided it was time I made that list of UFO's, PIG's and tops to be quilted...and maybe organize a bit. Maybe the two tops would show themselves.

The news isn't so good, but it's time to be accountable. UFO's there are 32, I would have thought a few more. PIG's there are 51. The informal fabric groupings in my cupboards I didn't include. Tops waiting for quilting...31. I wonder in what realistic time frame could I ever get this done? In addition I have four cabinets and several bins of fabric. I tried to pull some fabric I could part with while I was sorting today...it's hard...when I put my hands on the fabric I would start to envision things that I could make or it just felt good. I did gather some, but it didn't make much of a dent. I was hoping to pull at least 26 yards to balance off my purchases earlier this month. Still have to measure...

I got the room pretty much straighten up and found some projects that just need alittle bit more to finish. Maybe I can still meet the 5 by the end of July? Not today anyway. Spent all day organizing and looking for the quilt tops...a few distractions like looking at patterns, taking a nap, watching the ballgame...finally on a trip to the bathroom I remembered about my bathtub storage. A quick look seemed like it was batting and batting pieces and some shirts that need to be disected. When I dug a bit deeper and deeper I found the quilt tops at the bottom of the bin of batting packages! Hooray and a big sigh of relief! They are safely relocated to the "needs quilting" bin!

No comments: