Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Is the garage for a car?


The garage, oh my!  I like most of America have a two car garage that doesn't house a car.  If there is a car in the garage, let alone two you just can't move around.  No way to get to tools etc.  I have had my car in the garage a few times, but then I start a DIY house project and it gets moved out and never gets back in.  Well today was the day to make space!  The weather forecast is for possible snow...




The Before pictures.  Quite a mess!  A lot of this was boxes from Christmas and online shopping that needed to be broken down and recycled.  I like to save boxes to make sure I don't need to return an item, but then it just  laziness...I'll do it later.  My miter saw was out and there were shelves and lots of stuff that I had cleaned out of the house waiting to go to the Goodwill.  I was able to find someone who wanted the wood bookshelves and got them picked up. Win-win!


Loaded my car with boxes (8) for the Goodwill, put away stuff (as best I could) and took care of all the boxes.  Also loaded the stryofoam into the car to take to the recycling center. Volla!  There was space for my car.  It's a tight fit tho.  I can get out of the car but I can't walk around it...tradeoffs.


Took the loot to Goodwill and on the way home took a detour to the State Park near my home to watch the Sunset and walk Tula.  Lovely day, tide was really low!  I don't ever remember being at this park at low tide before.  Surprised at how far it went out.  Weather has been unseasonable warm in the 50's and today was a sunny day, a very big plus!

No comments: