Saturday, August 9, 2008

My current distractions from OC

My OC is waiting patiently for it's outer borders meanwhile....


This is a little quilt I put together for a co-worker who is having her first baby. Need to get it finished before the end of the month as she is moving back to the east coast to have the baby.

It was someone else's UFO that I bought off a fundraiser table at retreat a few years back. It was mostly cut out but that was all. I think the original owner had a different idea for it as it wasn't cut out per the directions of the pattern with it. Kind of a puzzel of sorts. Looks like she was going to use alternating plain squares between the 3D pinwheels. I decided to add the white sashing instead.

The other decision I'm debating on is how to quilt it. Should I quilt down the pinwheel flaps? At least get them tacked down at the points or leave them loose? Any ideas?

I'm trying to find a backing in my stash but so far haven't had much luck. Might have to go shopping!




This is the other distraction...trying to get my entertainment center finished. Travis is helping. The first coat of stain didn't go so well and we had lots of sanding to do. The second coat is so-so, so I guess I'm going to do a third. Didn't quite get up the energy to do it today...it makes such a mess! And it is such a mess!

I plan to buy a large flat screen TV when this gets done...should think that would be motivation enough, but sadly it is not. The project has been sitting since last August when I had the fireplace removed and the entertainment center built in. It was unfinished and to save some $ I thought I would take on the finishing...maybe that wasn't such a good idea.

The fireplace isn't missed and needed to come out because the chimney blew off during a windstorm the previous winter. Even though I considered a gas fireplace replacement I came to the conclusion it wasn't worth the expense. This house needs a fireplace downstairs and that is where I will consider adding a gas fireplace.

Don't think I'll be back to the OC anytime too soon. I've a couple of other pressing quilts that need to get finished pronto.

Oh, and the other distraction...the Olympics. Boy do I get hooked in! Sure wish I had that big screen. I didn't plan too well and started watching before I got to sewing and just didn't make the transition to the sewing room. Tomorrow I'm on call so I'm not sure what I might get done, or how much I might have to work, but I'd love to get the little quilt ready for quilting.

1 comment:

Roslyn said...

I like the idea of leaving the pinwheels loose,makes interesting texture for the baby. I haven't made one of these but it's on the WHIMMS list!
Roslyn