Sunday, August 24, 2008

I've been busy

Don't have any finished quilting to show you yet so thought I would post a few pictures I took off my front deck recently. The first one I'm standing on my very tiptoes to get in the little peak a boo of the sound. From my height I don't normally see it. The Olympic Mountains are in the background and the land mass beyond the sound is Vashon Island. My roof top has a great view and when I think of remodeling this place I dream of adding another story and having a quilting studio with a view. Unless I win the lottery it will never happen, but it's nice to have dreams....


Here's the only flowers I have growing this year...boxes and hanging baskets on the deck. They are doing pretty good even though they got a late start. Thanks to Lowe's for starting the petunia hanger for me!
I've been busy working on the baby quilt and working overtime and watching the Olympics. I can say that I'm on track to meet my goal of 31 hours of quilting this month, maybe exceed it! I will hopefully get the final stitches in the baby quilt tonight and post pictures soon. We are having a potluck lunch on Tuesday at work and that is the last day I'll work with Desiree before she leaves so it has to be done by then! I only have one more side to do the handstitching on so it is possible.

The overtime makes for a nice paycheck...and who can't use that? But it sure zaps me...takes away the time I use for recovery from my 12 hour shifts...and then the way the schedule worked out I didn't have more than one day off at a time...not good for me! I hate to admit it but I'm feeling my age...I guess that is why I'm seeing more and more that I have to simplify things in my life and home so that there is less energy devoted to just managing and I can use it for fun! But boy is that a big job in and of itself!

No comments: