Sunday, June 22, 2008

A Challenge!




Peg has issued this challenge and I'm up for it! Just may be the push I need to get some quilting done. I have so many unquilted tops...I'm afraid to count them. I just need to get over my procrastination of quilting them and just do it. I'm afraid I'll make a mess of them, but I do good enough that I don't just want to spend my time on muslin or cheater cloths, yet.... I just need to do it! I have to give myself some leeway to learn and know I will get better each time. If I could quilt 5 quilts before the end of July it would mean that I don't leave it forever...like 6 months...between quilting times and maybe it will get easier. Lets hope so anyway. My bargello bowl quilt is loaded and langushing on the quilter.




On the quilting front I haven't done much lately...thus no posts. I did get a big burdon off my back yesterday...I finished the dinnette seat cushions for my Dad's motorhome that I started quite some time ago. I think he was gone for two winters that I didn't finish them....but now they are done! Happy dance! No more guilt!



I've made some progress in the yard with Travis's help. All the 6 foot plus weeds are gone! I had so much yard waste put out the last 2 pickups I'm sure all my neighbors and the garbage men wonder where it's all coming from...I don't have a very big yard. We'll fill up again as I have to cut up some large tree branches that broke off in the last windstorm. It's finally starting to feel like spring at least....I know it's summer, but it's not quite there yet.







I have 2 weeks of work before I head out to Eastern WA for vacation at Lake Curlew. It should be warm there, and sunny. Can't wait! Won't have room to take my sewing machine and equipment like I did last time I rented the cabin. This time my sister is coming with me and we are bringing two large dogs with us so probably won't have the room I need...maybe...I had two dogs last time and a wagon to pull my infirmed Maggie with....I just may have to rethink that. I thought a hand project would be good tho, so think it's time to start the insanity project. I don't have a pattern for it, just this picture from the magazine, but I'll wing it.


Well, I'm going to go do some housework now so I can sew later! TTFN!




2 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow...thanks so much for joining my challenge Debbi....please could I ask you to send me your email address you came up as no-reply....good luck welcome and have fun.....you are now on my sidebar...

Betsy said...

I have the template for the little hexagon if you want me to send you it.
did it not come in the magazine?