Monday, June 2, 2008

Is it really June?

Cancun was such a fun trip with my sister Barb! Here we are floating down this underground river.(I'm the one on the left) I was thinking about how nice it was there and how WARM!...here in Seattle it is not! This is June! I'm tired of the cold already! I had to turn my furnace back on this evening when I got home (again)...I've tried to turn it off 3 times so far this year.

It wasn't very nice yesterday, but Travis did come up and he and I worked in my yard. We got the front looking pretty decent, thanks alot to Travis. I put out a couple of rolls of flower seeds along the fence after weeding the bed. They are a few years old and it's kind of late to start seeds, (not by the weather tho) so I hope they grow. I hope he can come back next weekend and help me tackle the back yard. I guess I never introduced Travis...he is my college age nephew and my first line of hired help...he's a good worker when he can fit it in his schedule. He's got a couple more weeks of school and then will have more time for the summer. I can find work for him to do around my place for 6 to 12 hours a week. He'll find some other odd jobs and be able to have a pretty good summer job setting his own schedule.

The weekend was pretty productive overall. I got in about 5 hours of sewing at the library on Saturday. I got a good start on step 4 of Orange Crush, alittle more than half done. How did I ever think I would get step 4 and 5 done? I just don't really have a realistic idea of how long it takes me to make something or I'm just incredibly slow. Don't have pictures yet, my memory card was left in the laptop.

No comments: