Sunday, November 29, 2009

Carolina Christmas Mystery

I've joined the bandwagon and am doing Bonnie's mystery. My colors very much like hers.
.



I'm going to try and keep up or not look ahead anyway. She's already posted the second step and I'm only half way thru the first...so far I haven't peeked...that doesn't mean I don't want to! Instead I'm going to use the excitement I feel...it's kind of like that feeling you got as a kid before Christmas...and use it as motivation to sew.
This is the nifty ruler I got from Fabric Depot in Portland during Quilt Expo there. It's making quick work of cutting the triangles! Although I love the EZangle method of making half square triangles, I don't like all the flipping of the ruler during the cutting. Voila! This ruler is one step! The drawback is that it is only designed for 2.5 inch strips. I think I'll find enough uses for it just the same to make it worth it to me.

Now I'm going to get off the computer and go get busy. Have to do a bit of housework and then I'm going to SEW! I plan on finishing step one today so I can look at step two.

3 comments:

Andee said...

Cool ruler! I just got the hang of all the flipping with the EZ Angle..after making three or four quilts with it! I have never seen this ruler and I love the idea of it! Thanks for sharing.

Quilt all day said...

love your fabrics ...this will be a great quilt !
I have never seen that ruuler neither ...but then we are so many years behind in new stuff here in Belgium!
have fun playing with all of us
Caroline

Lissa Jane said...

I love this ruler.. I need to get me one!

I hate the flipping with the EZ ruler too.. I flip the wrong way all the time (yes I am follically challenged)..


Lissa