Wednesday, September 10, 2008

OC - top finished!




This past weekend I finished putting the borders on my OC. I used a straight setting instead of the diagonal set of the pattern. I'm very happy with it...wasn't sure about it as I was making it but it came to life when the blocks were put together. Now just to find something for the backing and get it quilted.


I also sewed the binding on a fall table runner that I finished quilting. The table runner was one of those things I found in my "needs to be quilted" bin while looking for the quilt tops I had made for Beth and Jim. I started quilting this on my DSM with stitch in the ditch and then I decided I wanted some free motion on it and pinned it to the quilting frame and used the HQ16. I tried to quilt a flower resembling a sunflower in the setting triangles. Fairly successful, but I'm no artist. Guess that's why I find using the HQ so intimidating. But now it's done! A finish! And that's great!


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Your OC looks good - I like the black border, it really brings it to life. What a lovely table runner, and good job on the quilting. I'm thinking I ought to do something similar in autumn colours, once I've got all my swaps up to date.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your OC quilts is just stunning...

Quilter Kathy said...

Love your OC Debbi...great job!
I am still waffling about starting the Tobacco Road.